Located in the constellation Cassiopeia, approximately 6,000 light-years from Earth. It is an extremely young star cluster with an average age of 1.5 million years. Located very close to the center of the Heart Nebula, precisely it is about 50 light-years ahead of the nebula. Melotte 15, contains a few bright stars nearly 50 times mass of our Sun, and many more dim stars that are only a fraction of our Sun’s mass. Melotte 15 is one of the association core clusters Cas OB6. This cluster is more nebular in nature.
Melotte 15 – Open Cluster in the center of the Heart Nebula
Own translation based on source: https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melotte_15
- Location: La Palma 12.2020
Equipment: ATIK Horizon RGB,
- Hypergraph TS 420mm f/2,8 OTA PH6,
- CEM25p with small self made tuning,
- Composition: APP,
- Processing: APP + RT + GIMP + add-ons (Linux),
- Total exposure time minus defective light frames: 4h 36min.
- Lights: 238
- Calibration frames: Flats, Bias, Darks